Friday 7 April 2017

Memoirs contd.....

Got admitted to a reputed engineering college...ours was the first batch in 70s to appear at an entrance examination for getting admission which happened on a Sunday. Enjoyed my experience of engineering course of 5 years to the core ...not only put in hard work but also enjoyed the company of my friends. Firmed a group called Octet for eight of my best friends during those days.
Time flies ....by the time we realised the course was over and all of us parted our own ways with a vow to be in touch.....but life is not so simple.....all of us got engaged in our job life. 
It was a totally alien environment and culture to which I was exposed to in the corporate. But I enjoyed the learning and gained valuable experience over there ....remember I wanted to be an engineer since my childhood and the goal was so strong that nothing mattered at that time.
Was rewarded for my sincere and hard work ....was recognised and kept going up the ladder.....
But I always wanted to set up some thing of my own within 5 years of my entry in corporate life so that I could be my own boss..,,.
Time passed by. Got married. Had children and the focus shifted to family, upbringing of my children and so many other things.....
So just could not dare to leave job and set up my own business.......no computers at that time ....nothing like anything digital ......so kept pulling on working for others even at the cost of family life which I now realise better.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can always make a beginning .....

Greetings It has been a memorable last few days in my life. Firstly, my family members celebrated my birthday which was truly an emot...