Wednesday 19 April 2017

Intermediate contd ...........




As I sit in my chair and think of from where to begin and what to write in my this blog so as to maintain continuity, I am flooded with memories of those memorable years......
While my Intermediate exams were in progress in the year 1972, there was another announcement made by the authorities that henceforth admission to engineering colleges would be done on the basis of an entrance examination.
It was a welcome move and most of us were happy ... why because the first ever entrance test was to be held on a Sunday during the course of Intermediate exams and none of us needed to put any extra effort on preparing for it barring a few revisions here and there.....




I remember vividly it was of 3 hours duration and I did very well.....
I must have done very well which I assume because I got a call for appearing at the interview in the first batch itself......
I got my choice of my branch...mechanical engineering...and also the best college in my state during those days.....
I had the feeling of having conquered the world.....can't say how others feel but to me it is of extremely high importance to celebrate success however small or big it may be....am still of the same view ....
One more thing which I would like to share about my first ever hostel life during second year of my Intermediate course .... it was a 03 bed room..... very close to the college....could not sleep the first night as it was again an alien environment to me.....but adapted to the situation very quickly.
The food was ordinary which is generally the case elsewhere also..... but the Sunday lunch used to be special which would normally start around 11 AM ....I used to wait for Sundays to compensate for the so called losses over the week....all in all a very good experience and I strongly feel this experience is a must for all young people because one gains real life experience......
One of my room mates presented with a hand written parting poem to me when we finished our Intermediate course ...... have preserved it in original since last 45 years .... in fact I have my original admit card of matriculation board examination which I am preserving with great care since last 47 years... I am sure most of us would be doing it......will share in my next blog...


God give me strength and wisdom to pen down my life experiences...

Gratitude ......

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can always make a beginning .....

Greetings It has been a memorable last few days in my life. Firstly, my family members celebrated my birthday which was truly an emot...