Saturday 29 April 2017

Maternal forefathers .......




When I sit down in my chair to start writing a new blog, the experience is one of bliss and delight but confined to me, just my thoughts and me. And then once completed, it reaches you. Some of you may like it and get connected with me at some level while some may not. Some may like to offer comments which I always welcome giving me a chance to make improvements. I go through your comments/suggestions  and start writing the next  one ; this is when the process gets completed.
I admit that it is because of you and your continuous support that I derive motivation to go on and share my life experiences ...


Human beings never cease to learn and I am no exception. I learnt the process of creating widgets and placed one such widget on my previous blog. I felt happy about it. However, it came as a surprise to me that it was visible only on desktop and PC but not on mobile phones. I took up the matter with concerned organisation and have just now received a message from them that their widgets do not support mobile version. Please accept my sincere apology for inconvenience. This is something which is beyond my control.


https://beautifuldawndesigns.net/?ref=skumar272010@gmail.com


I have already shared about my paternal forefathers ....today I would like to talk about my maternal forefathers....


Home...Sweet Home.....


My maternal grandfather (nana) was simple but gem of a person. He came from a small village but a beautiful one. He was short in stature but maintained good health throughout. He never used specs which I used to marvel at. My maternal grandmother (nani) was an equally wonderful person. One could feel the deep bond and love between them. Both of them passed away long back....God bless their souls ! They were blessed with 02 daughters, my mother and her elder sister...perfect sisters, more like friends.....both of them passed away too .... God bless their souls !






My nana was working with the postal department  in the then British government and retired as Postmaster in the end. One memorable incident in his official capacity which my nani used to tell us with great pride and love was when he performed an act of bravery and loyalty.





There was heavy flood and the particular post office where he was working at that time was getting immersed rapidly in flood water and on the brink of total destruction. He sought urgent help from administration but it didn't arrive in time and understandably so because of prevailing situation. He realized that he would not be able to save the office but somehow or other wanted to save the cash box. He managed to pick it up and kept it on his head holding it with his both hands. However, the water level was constantly increasing and he being short in height was finding it difficult to manage for long. So he stood up on the office table holding the cash box on his head. By the time help arrived he was already neck deep in water but could be rescued just in time. This was acknowledged by the then British government and they awarded him handsomely.

Will share more in my next blog.


We deserve abundance...let us keep on seeking it ....


Gratitude




view on
kumarskumar.blogspot.com
My blog @SK1955 on fb
@skumar272010 on twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment

You can always make a beginning .....

Greetings It has been a memorable last few days in my life. Firstly, my family members celebrated my birthday which was truly an emot...