Saturday 22 April 2017

Forefathers......memory lane....

Hello....

     Being one who is a novice trying his hands at blog writing but picking up the tricks of the trade rapidly and enjoying the stint to the T, today I like to take you deep down the memory lane once again when even I was not born......to tell you about my forefathers.....
     How many of us will be able to talk about our forefathers......may be we know about our grand father and great grand father but not beyond that in most of the cases......may not even be knowing their names.....leave aside the other details....in fact many of us might not have ever seen or met our many of the living relatives in the past many years or rarely though being within the country or even the same city.....am not talking about those who are settled abroad....how time has changed ...... can you think for a minute or any number of hours and tell yourself the reason for the same......shall I tell you what it is which I have learnt in the last few years post my retirement and entry into e commerce business.....it's LEGACY ....








      I will certainly touch upon this very important topic sometime in my subsequent blogs.....meanwhile you can give a thought to it and debate with yourself........
     I remember my grandfather and grandmother vividly and know the name of my great grandfather.....even learnt about name of my great great grandfather but don't remember now....
     They were landlords.....zamindars.....residing lavishly in a big sprawling house.....haveli.... ...mansion.... in a village ......something like the one which we see in movies......a big veranda at the entrance, a big hall on one side for meetings...a big circular dais at the front for holding darbar....another hall on the other side for storage of fodder.....a pond....a big rectangular shaped courtyard....and the rooms around it......lots of helping hands....a big separate kitchen though attached to the haveli.
    Our paternal village is situated close to where I was born and grew up along with my parents......used to take about half an hour by road transport and another half an hour in bullock cart to reach there from our place in those days....even palanquin for newly wed girls and daughter-in-laws were made available.... v used to go there during school holidays.....at least twice a year.....once had to go there during dead of night ....when my father received the news of sad demise of my grandmother.......God bless her soul !
     V started within no time though it was raining cats and dogs....my father somehow arranged road transport.... the bullock cart was waiting to receive us.....started but it got stuck up at one place on the kutcha road but there were people to take care of such eventualities...









     
I still have fond memories of those years....1957 onwards.....lots of land, agriculture, mango tress, banana trees, vegetables, crops, so on and so forth......no electricity.....lanterns were in vogue.... nothing like municipal water supply or borewells....dug wells were the only source for drinking water and other purposes..... hardly any means of fast communication..... but living in the lap of nature, clean air, good people, no politics, living like one big family of which my forefathers used to be the head, enjoying the post independence environment from the British in 1947 and contributing to building up of our great nation....possibly compensated for the so called facilities and basic necessities we crave for in today's scenario.....don't say these are not required but v r paying a price for these facilities....
Life is not so simple....it is complex....but v need to learn to enjoy every bit of it.....the greatest thing is that God has sent us to the world for a purpose and v must believe in the  MASTER PLAN....do u ... I do in entirety....


Thanks for supporting me by going through my blogs which is almost 60 per blog ever since I made the beginning..........

Luv u all........

Gratitude.......


View on
kumarskumar.blogspot.com
@SK1955 on FB
@skumar272010 on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can always make a beginning .....

Greetings It has been a memorable last few days in my life. Firstly, my family members celebrated my birthday which was truly an emot...