Wednesday 12 April 2017

Early years of learning .....



When I made a decision to take a plunge into blog writing it was really difficult to choose a topic of common interest as cement and everything to do with cement and engineering mainly have been my forte during my professional career  ......so decided to share my life experience .....

TO PROVE MYSELF TO MYSELF

Down the memory lane .....1955 to 1970....

Did all my schooling in government schools where the medium of teaching was Hindi in my state ... it holds good even today and there is nothing wrong in it .
Started schooling from class IV .... don't believe .... u must ... this is the truth.
Of course, I had a very respected teacher staying with us who did my basics....gratitude.
Shifted to a bigger school in the state capital later on as my parents wanted me to go to a good school.
It was again a very alien environment and took some time to adjust but I did ...
Was a good student but did not do well in the first year...it was class VIII....in fact I failed in one subject which hit me really hard. But then picked up....and picked up well....wanted to prove myself to myself....

Decided not to go to any movie when I was in class X till the completion of board exams...did that with great restraint for more than a year ....but rushed to last day show of one famous movie straight from the examination hall...... running for more than a year...Rajesh Khanna movie....u must have guessed by now...we r all movie maniacs...did not want to miss it...it was my last paper...no, last practical exam in Physics.... am dead sure...it was indeed Physics practicals....I am no exception ....nostalgia....


They used to serve snacks in the period before lunch break which all of us would look forward to .... it used to be in a blue coloured well ventilated steel box .... I used to wait for Fridays as it used to be special that day....let your imagination run wild and try to guess what it could have been ....can't....ok...let me tell you... nothing but simple mixture (sev dalmot)...the taste is everlasting, can't say why but that is how it is...



However, I realised very fast that the medium of teaching will be English when I would be doing my engineering.
So I decided to pay more attention to this aspect of my early life ...in fact few of my cousin brothers and sisters were studying in English medium schools those days and I was hell bent upon not being left behind in the race.
To my good fortune I had the option to choose either Hindi or English or a combination of both for matriculation board examination....I decided English for science subjects which proved to be immensely helpful later on ...
It was 1970 ....passed out matriculation with flying colours...stood 52nd in the state....received National Merit Scholarship till completion of my engineering degree.....monthly  Rs.......
don't ask but it was a handsome amount in those days...blessings of my parents....God was and is still very kind to me....keep on receiving their blessings every moment....

Immensely excited to be alive today ......
Gratitude......

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can always make a beginning .....

Greetings It has been a memorable last few days in my life. Firstly, my family members celebrated my birthday which was truly an emot...