Monday 10 April 2017

Memoirs contd...

Life goes on and it's a pleasure to go down the memory lane ...
And share my experiences....
Another learning I had in the corporate world was that of arrogance which you are exposed to at different levels of hierarchy and as a corollary we all tend to pick it up as we grow up in this environment. I was no exception but never allowed it to dictate terms with me. I always kept it within check. In fact some corporate pundits told me that you must learn to shout and dominate people if you are to survive in the corporate world but I never subscribed to this principle.
On the contrary I made it a point to talk to each and everyone whosoever was in contact with me...learnt and shared about our personal lives and built up rapport with them not only on official front but personal front as well. I made it a point to attend each and every function or event of any nature as and when invited whether by a workman or a peer or a senior.
I also made it a point to attend each and every funeral which unfortunately do take place in our lives..
What I mean to say is that I kept on building my team.
In fact I always used to ask about their well being and also of their family members first thing in the morning ...
This allowed me to build up my network which is proving to be handy in my e commerce business in which I took a plunge post retirement ...

Cheers
Excited to be alive for one more day

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can always make a beginning .....

Greetings It has been a memorable last few days in my life. Firstly, my family members celebrated my birthday which was truly an emot...