Tuesday 2 May 2017

Maternal forefathers contd....



Good morning

Life is nothing short of a puzzle and we keep on solving it day in and day out. The solutions are always available before us but we are unable to spot it on many occasions and latch upon something which may be unrealistic, unworkable,untenable and even unacceptable. In my opinion this is due to our attitude towards life. A positive person will always try to find out positiveness in any situation and accept the world as it is while the negative persons will look for negativeness in any situation or most of the situations.




The law of attraction says that positive attracts positive and negative attracts negative. So let us be positive and change our lives which is full of positiveness.
It does not mean that we will not be encountering negative situations, we certainly will but with a positive attitude  towards life we will be like shock absorbers and can easily handle without much difficulty. But it needs concerted effort and practice to come to this level, especially when one is a negative person.




I last went to my maternal grand father's village in the year 1966 when he breathed his last. Prior to it I along with my parents and  brothers would normally visit him once a year. It was located at about 2 KM from the railway station and the communication mode used to be bullock carts or bicycle in those days, always waiting for us at the station. I always preferred to walk and the experience is etched in my memory forever. The beautiful sight of flowers, the crops, the birds, the people out there..everything was fantastic. I wish today's generation would have undergone that wonderful experience.




To me the village symbolizes to be one  of purity and simplicity. Everything was pure and simple about it and I loved to be there. The house was built at a higher elevation to take care of any flood situation. It was similar to the one which my paternal forefathers had but of a smaller size. Then there was open space in front of the house where we all could play. Beyond this there was a flowing river, in fact it was hardly 10 metres away from the house. This was great fun for all the children including me. We used to take bath in the river and even swim or just cross it to the other side as the water level used to be normally knee deep. On the other side of the river we had a number of fruit bearing trees, mango in particular was so delicious. Nanaji will always depute somebody with us who would pluck the fruits and give it to us.




The food that was prepared by one of my aunts would taste so lovely basically because there was love and affection as the main ingredients. I debate with myself but am sure that the best food I ever had in my life was this one. Nothing can beat it. All of us would sit on the ground in a place which was earmarked for this purpose and the food would be served with great care and love. I am sure many of us would have undergone similar experience in their lives.
We build our world on and around relations but let it be full of positiveness or at least tending towards..... let us develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversities.



Cheers




please view my blogs on
kumarskumar.blogspot.com
My blogs @SK1955 on fb
@skumar272010 on twitter








No comments:

Post a Comment

You can always make a beginning .....

Greetings It has been a memorable last few days in my life. Firstly, my family members celebrated my birthday which was truly an emot...